What is your greatest challenge in looking for a job?
My main problem with job searching is knowing where to begin. I need a better job today because my current one isn’t paying bills. We’re struggling and I don’t know where to look for a job that will pay more.
Watch the video or continue reading ….
Five Action Items That Will Move The Needle
1. Make a list of your skills, particularly those you enjoy
2. Make a list of everybody you know. Gather where they work, the type of work they do, their phone numbers and email addresses. Make them aware you are looking for a job.
- Colleagues at work
- College Friends
- College Alumnae
- Interest Groups / Hobbies
- Religious Groups
- Community Groups
- Lawyers/ Accountants
- Board Members
- Travel Contacts
3. Create a target list of companies that hire people with that need your skills.
4. Find out who the hiring managers are in each of the companies on your target list and give them a call. Tell them you are interested in coming to work for their company and would like to know the type of person they really like to hire. Not Human Resources at this point. Let you contact introduce you to HR.
5. Send the Hiring Manager your resume.
1. Make a list of your skills
2. Make a list of everybody you know
3. Create a target list of companies that hire people with your skills.
4. Identify the Hiring Managers and make it your mission to speak with each of them.
5. Send the Hiring Manager your resume after you have spoken with them.
Use these five action items as a starting point and you will be surprised at how much faster things begin to happen for you.
The quickest way to change your world, is to change the way you look at it. Now go out there and make it happen.